Fine Arts Division - Professional
Fine Arts Division (Professional) General Information
Chairperson: Amanda Guerino (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline for Receiving Entry Forms: September 4th, 2017
Receiving Days at Coolidge Hall:
Saturday, September 9th, 2017 12:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Sunday, September 10th, 2017 12:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Pick Up Day at Coolidge Hall: Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 2:00 P.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Professional Artists are invited to volunteer for exhibit monitoring and demonstrations. Please indicate your volunteer interest on entry form. Volunteer Schedule will be posted at Receiving Dates (9/9 & 9/10) as well. Each volunteer will receive admission to enter the fair grounds.
After 30 days, artwork becomes property of the Topsfield Fair.
Rules and Regulations
- Entry form and fee must be received by September 4th, 2017. Up to two (2) entries per person in the Professional Division. You may enter either online or by downloading the form and mailing it to: Topsfield Fair, P.O. Box 134. Topsfield MA 01983
- PROFESSIONALISM: Exhibitors in the Fine Art Professional Division includes those who benefit from financial gain for the sales of their artwork: art teachers, instructors, judges, curators, etc. Exhibitors are encouraged to provide an updated one-page biography/artist statement for the Topsfield Fair Gallery Book of Artists and business cards, which will be displayed in the Art Sales Room.
- FEES: Each entry in the Professional juried competition requires an $8.00 entry fee. Art Sales Room requires a $10.00 fee. The maximum entry fee for two (2) juried entries and multiple entries in the Art Sales Room is $26.00 total due. Entry fee must be submitted with official entry form. You may enter either online or by downloading the form and mailing it to: Topsfield Fair, P.O. Box 134, Topsfield, MA 01983. Please make check out to: Essex Agriculture Society. Fees are non-refundable and donated to the Essex Agricultural Society.
- ORIGINALITY: All work must be original, recent and not previously exhibited at the Fair. Artwork derived from another artist's work, such as calendars, magazines, postcards, computer images, or any image of another artist's work, is not considered original. Copies, limited editions, giclee prints, wet paintings or reproductions are not acceptable for the juried exhibition.
- JURIED ENTRY IDENTIFICATION: All juried competition entries must be clearly labeled on the top back of artwork with the following information: (Example below)
- Professional Division
- Artist's Name
- Telephone #
- Professional Division
- JURIED ENTRIES: Professional juried exhibition entries are limited to 2 entries. Overall frame size should not exceed 48 united inches (Height + Width) *Example 11" x 14" frame is 25" united inches, this includes frame. Due to the large number of entries, oversize work can not be accepted. All juried artwork should be priced to sell. Essex Agricultural Society retains a twenty percent (20%) commission of all artwork sold. Topsfield Fair Fine Art Department and volunteers are not responsible for art sold for less than intended price due to improper labeling or last minute changes made by artist.
- JURIED EXHIBITION: A professional panel of judges selects ribbon winners based on artistic merit, which includes: originality, composition, color and value, technique and presentation. The Fine Art Department and judges reserve the right to reject any entry. Artists will be contacted prior to the opening of the Fair to retrieve unaccepted work.
- FRAMING: Artwork must be securely framed and wired. Will only accept the following: wood frames with screw eyes/d-rings & wire or metal frames with track for metal hangers and wire.
ATTENTION: (see diagram on #9) Unsafe or improperly framed artwork, including no glass or thin wire, will not be accepted. Artwork under glass must be matted, includes all photos. No clip frames, easel back frames, front-loading "pop in" frames, spring clips or staple frames will be accepted.
Do-It-Yourself Framers: For secure frames that hang flat on wall, attach screw eyes or hangers to each side of the frame at one-third the height from the top of frame. Insert Framing Wire through the hangers and secure ends. Top of wire must be 2-3 inches below the top of frame.
Art Sales Room
- The number of entries is limited and bins are shared. Art Sales Room entries are limited to:
- Three (3) framed pieces for hanging, 11"x 14" or smaller
- Twenty matted (20) unframed pieces, up to or not to exceed 16"x 20" (must be either shrink-wrapped or in plastic sleeves)
- Ten (10) note card packets, postcard sets or calendars (must be either shrink-wrapped or in plastic sleeves)
- Identification Requirements: Art Sales Room entries must be clearly and professionally labeled ON THE FRONT of each entry with:
- Artist Code (Initials), Piece #
- For example:
- Amanda Guerino
- "Ferris Wheel"
Enter Your Artwork
Up to (2) entries per person in the Professional Division
- PA1. Oils/Acrylics
- PB2. Watercolors
- PC3. Pastel (Soft Pastels or Oil Pastels)
- PD4. Mixed Media/Collage
- PE5. Drawing (Charcoal, Crayons, Markers, Pencils, Pen & Ink)
- PE6. Etching & other Hand Pull Prints (Linoleum, Monoprint, Silkscreen, Wood Block)
- PE7. Computer Graphics
- PF8. Color/Black&White
Art Sales Room Entries: Please download the Art Sales Room Form and submit it either by mail to: Topsfield Fair, P.O. Box 134, Topsfield, MA 01983 or bring it to the Art Recieving Days. Checks can be made out to: Essex Agricultural Society